A Finite Element Analysis (FEA) was performed in support of a failure analysis of the cracks/failure of the flanges, supports, and fillet welds using brick elements. The Finite Element Model (FEM) consisted of nozzles, saddles, tube-sheets, body flanges, tubes, relevant tube side heads, shells, and inlet channels. A thermal stress analysis was performed to determine the state of stresses. The state of stresses was used in determination of the fatigue life of the area of concern.
- Geometry of the Finite Element Model
- Temperature Distribution of Heaters
- Stress Intensity Levels at the Supports
- Rotation of the Body Flange and Tube-sheet
- Enlarged view of the Rotation at Body Flange
- Stress Intensity in the Fillet Weld Connecting the Tube-sheet and Shell
- Enlarged View of the Fillet Weld Connecting the Tube-sheet and Shell