A Fitness for Service (FFS) analysis was performed to simulate the replacement of certain sections of the piping with stainless steel pipe. The following items were considered in the analysis:
- No future corrosion allowance was used for the new pipe sections; instead, 87.5% of the nominal wall thickness of the corresponding schedule of pipe was utilized to compensate for possible manufacturing tolerances.
- One pipe support was modified to model a new support style.
- All flanges in the model were checked to ensure compliance with ASME B16.5 and ASME Section VIII, Division 1 codes for flange stresses.
- Overall View of the Geometry
- Locations of Highest Von Mises Strain
- Location of Highest Von Mises Stresses